Google Onpage SEO Ranking Factors 2021
Google SEO Ranking Factors 2021 – Website design and layouts play a major role in your SEO ranking. The way your website layout is optimized and how it performs on various platforms has been shown to have a direct influence on your website ranking. This is the reason many websites fail to appear on the top of the front page of Google despite having used all the popular SEO techniques.
This shows that if you wish to ensure that your website shows up as one of Google’s top 10 websites, you will need to ensure that it has been properly designed and that it meets the site level requirements of Google’s Ranking factor system.
If you are on the lookout for ways to give your website the SEO boost that it needs, the following ways are sure to help you:
1. Content with Insights
- After the recent update to its search algorithm, Google had announced that they will be penalizing websites that are not bringing any new and unique insights to the internet.
- This causes concern for many website owners however; this can be easily overcome by posting regular and relevant content.
- This content would need to be SEO optimized, original, and relevant enough for users to search about.
- If your website is able to maintain this, chances are high that your site will show up at the top for nearly all keywords relating to your business.
2. Contact Us Webpage
- The Quality Document by Google is sort of a guidebook for webpages to follow their SEO rules and appear on top.
- This document states a variety of information that includes Google’s requirements for appearing on the front page.
- This includes your Contact Us page – it must have appropriate and active contact information for users.
- You must also make sure that the contact information on the Contact Us page is the same as the one in your WhoIs Information.
3. Domain Trust Rank & SEO
- Your trust rank is a major ranking factor as it tells Google whether your website is owned by a legitimate person or someone with malicious intent.
- This is because there are several scamming and phishing sites that are made just for the purpose of disrupting people’s normal lives.
- You can discuss with your SEO company or Digital Marketing Company how to increase your website’s trust ranking.
- Doing so will give your website rise in the search result page ranking as well.
4. Site Architecture
- Your website’s architecture is like its skeleton and is incredibly important for proper site functioning and stability.
- This can even include the silo structure of your website. Optimizing your website architecture can seriously help your website to load faster and smoother for nearly all devices.
- A good network structure also attracts an enormous internet crowd on the site; therefore your site should be constructed considering how it will direct the user through the linked pages.
5. Site Updates & SEO
- When you update your website frequently, it begins to give Google’s spider-bots an impression of freshness.
- This is necessary for appearing on top since it has been shown to be a major contributing factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.
- These changes can be minor or major, they just need to be frequent. Also, posting new content is included in this.
6. Presence of Sitemap affects SEO
- Having a sitemap is always a positive sign. It is used to index your pages properly and therefore helps Google’s crawlers in indexing them individually.
- This further improves your website’s visibility to them and also to users when they use Google to search for keywords relating to your website.
- This is what will help you in making the best out of all of your SEO practices since unless the pages are indexed, they won’t work properly.
7. Site Uptime – an Important Ranking Factor
- Downtime happens to the best of us. However, Google prefers sites that do not repeatedly stay down for maintenance or issues in the servers.
- Therefore, your site uptime needs to be large enough to indicate that you do not suffer from repeated server or maintenance issues to be able to appear on the front page of Google.
- You should try to ensure that whenever your site is under maintenance, your users are still able to access their data and make use of its functionality.
8. Server Location
- Your server location is what tells Google which audiences you will probably target with your content.
- Therefore, your website will begin to perform well in those specific server locations.
- If you are a business that targets international clients, then you can use this method to your advantage and appear more relevant for your targeted geographical location.
9. SSL Certification
- This is one of the site ranking factors which has been directly confirmed by Google.
- Your website must have a secure SSL certification such as HTTPS or anything similar.
- It can seriously benefit you by increasing your website’s reputation in front of Google’s search bots.
- This is also one of the factors which can break the tie between two results which are ranking the same.
10. Terms of Service and Privacy Pages
- Your website much have these two pages as they indicate your trustworthiness online.
- They are meant to tell your consumers that you care about their privacy and their data being secure.
- You also tell them if your website collects cookies and what you plan to do with them.
- This can help you to work your way to the top of the search results page while also increasing the bond you share with your clients.
11. Duplicate Meta Information
- You probably already know how seriously Google reacts to duplicate information.
- SEO Ranking is also affected by duplicate meta tags. If you have duplicate meta tags on your website, this can bring down your website visibility in minutes.
- Therefore, It should be avoided at all costs. This technique is used by Google to maintain its anti-plagiarism ideologies.
- Thus preventing copying and manipulation of the data and giving a high rank to a website that doesn’t deserve it.
12. Breadcrumb Navigation & SEO
- Breadcrumb navigation is a form of site architecture which is used to make your website more user-friendly.
- It allows users to know their position on the website and also to search for elements and objects within the website.
- This helps to further categorize various pages of your website.
- It ensures that Google is able to properly index each page and therefore enhance your visibility in search results.
- Your website may run perfectly on computer browsers.
- However, if you wish to increase your visibility over mobile devices, you may need to work to enhance your website’s performance over mobile devices.
- If this is not done, then your website will tend to suffer on mobile devices.
- There will be issues such as slow loading, disoriented screen aspect ratio, non-touch compatibility and more.
- Moreover, Google will also penalize your website by reducing your visibility for mobile devices.
14. YouTube Ranking Factors
- YouTube videos are always preferred by Google since Google is the parent company.
- This makes things easier for corporations as they can include YouTube API videos on their website which can help their website to gain increased visibility.
- This will help them to show up higher than their competitors without the API.
15. Site Usability
- Websites that cause users to trouble with their navigation or functionality settings can get a poor reputation among both – users as well as Google’s algorithm.
- To avoid these situations, you must ensure that your website designers have correctly implemented all the subroutines of your website and that it does not lag on any device or browser.
16. Using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- These two programs are provided by Google themselves for helping you in analyzing your website and your SEO and campaign progress.
- They also help you in finding out common searches made by people in your target demographic and using that information to advertise to them better than before.
- This can give you a significant boost in helping your website rise above the normal competition. Apart from this, using these on your website can also help in increasing your indexing as well as helping your influence when the rankings are verified.
17. User Reviews
- Similar to how Uber has ratings for all its drivers, websites also depend on online ratings.
- If your website has positive reviews on a website like Yelp.com, this will play a major role in making your rank appear higher via Google’s algorithm.
- It will also help in increasing your conversion rates as customers and clients will put more trust in a website that has positive reviews by real users on other websites.
- These methods will greatly benefit you in developing an online rank reputation for yourself on the front page of Google.
- Doing so will ensure that you are able to work towards increasing your conversion rates and have better customer retention in the future.
- The tactics mentioned in this article are not some fad that will end after a while but will rather keep your website on the top as long as you keep abiding by them.
- You can discuss the above with your digital marketing agency and conclude which methods would suit your business the best.